Further Education and Training in Leadership Development
- Mathematics in Business
- Business Communication
- Strategic And Visionary Leadership
- Managing People
- Principles of Leadership
- Legislation and Institutions Within The Leadership Role
- Project Management
The Exit Level Outcomes contained in this qualification are based on competencies required for people dealing with integrated development planning in a municipal context:
- Deal with issues and provide strategic leadership at various levels including community.
- Build consensus amongst diverse groupings of people with various interests.
- Apply innovative, creative and flexible strategies and thinking when dealing with community issues and needs.
- Build trust between the councillors, officials, community and various competing interest groups while maintaining personal integrity.
- Manage conflict.
- Demonstrate the commitment and tenacity to achieve set objectives.
- Communicate with conviction, confidence and integrity at all levels and constituencies
Certificate: Municipal Financial Management
- Cooperative governance and stakeholder relations
- Municipal legislative environment and policy
- Municipal Strategic planning and implementation
- Managing Risk in a municipal Context Municipal Budgeting and Implementation
- Municipal Financial reporting and performance Management
- Management of Municipal assets and Liabilities
- Cost management and capital planning
- Municipal Supply chain management
The qualification serves to provide the opportunity for new and existing public sector employees to gain financial management competencies. In this light it serves to allow access to management positions for groupings previously excluded from such positions. Through providing financial management competencies South Africa’s democracy can be strengthened, through strengthening the ability of local government to deliver. Delivery of services, and most importantly of basic services will contribute to the social and economic development of the country. As individuals’ competencies improve, the quality as well as the effectiveness and efficiency of local government will improve. Managers with competencies in financial management will assure that all processes of budgeting, financial management, internal control, auditing and reporting meet the conditions of relevant legislation and in this way are accountable to the public.
National Diploma: Public Finance Management and Administration
- Public Sector Management Principles
- Develop One-Self Within The Public Sector
- Legal Aspects of Public Finance Management
- Economics within Public Finance Management
- Public Finance Accounting Principles
- Financial Management Principles
- Records Management
The exit level learning outcomes highlight many of the public finance management and administration skills required within the public sector. Such skills and knowledge are geared towards enabling public officials in all spheres of government to operate effectively and successfully in a demanding environment. Therefore, exit level outcomes and related assessment criteria are outlined for the areas of competence, which mark out public financial management as key and highly influential in public sector service delivery.